- ABOUT US
- Know Your Rights
- PINKLEGAL TALKS
- Contact Us/Join Us
- JOIN THE PINKLEGAL TRIBE
Any of the following acts will come under eve-teasing:
- Saying obscene words in a public place
- Singing an obscene song in a public place
- Doing any obscene act in a public place
- Cat-calling a woman in a public place
- Passing sexual remarks against a woman in a public place
- Whistling at a woman with sexual suggestions in a public place
- Making vulgar faces or gestures at a woman in a public place
All acts of eve-teasing will broadly come under this section. If eve-teasing is combined with something more serious, like molestation, trying to disrobe, stalking, etc., please look at individual sections under Sexual Harassment.
For examples of eve-teasing and sexual harassment, see What You Should Know About Sexual Harassment.
Please note: This information has been made available to you for your benefit on an ‘as is’ basis, and is only for your information. It does not constitute legal advice and cannot substitute professional legal advice. Our disclaimer policy can be viewed here ( disclaimer policy)